Lilly Maytree is in Alaska today...

Lilly Maytree is in Alaska, today...looking for adventure and divine appointments. Want to follow along? Enter her ARMCHAIR TRAVELERS PORTAL



Friday

Serious stuff…


When one commits to a serious stint of praying (for any reason) it seems that "requests" begin to filter in from the strangest places. But this is a good thing. When unusual little circumstances accompany the explanations of how they found you, then you know you are on the right track.


Today, four things are on my mind (or should I say heart?). One is a young woman with children who has been informed that she only has a few months to live. Still, she continues to take care of her children, and even drag herself to impossible events. I pray that she will have a miraculous healing, and that every desire of her heart (and she has a strong one) will be granted to her by a loving heavenly father. That same one of whom it is said, "All the promises of God in him (Jesus?) are yes, and… amen." (2 Corinthians 1:20) Oh, my goodness… if that is true enough for us to actually take hold of, it would change… absolutely everything.


The next is a man -- a wonderful man -- who has lived quite the long life already, but he isn't finished, yet. So, he is having some surgery on his tired heart, and even though he has never personally asked for anything from God… I pray that he will encounter the "peace that passes all understanding" (Philippians 4:7) That he will come face to face with our loving God and discover that his heart (and his heart's desires) have been just (no, more so!) important to the Lord all along. Best of all, that the best years of his life are still ahead of him.


The third is for healing that needs to come for one of the worst things that can happen to a family. This one I shall have to listen very carefully about, for at the moment, I can only murmur their names before God every time they come to mind… which is oh, so many times during the day. Something important, here, but I can't see quite clearly, yet, so will have to leave it "unspoken" at this time.


Fourth is a town in Nigeria that is having war waged on all the Christians there. Their homes, businesses and churches have been burned, and those that have escaped are not welcome to go back. But where do they go from here? The little remnant is seeking the Lord on a twenty-one day fast to see what they should do…

These are the things that have come to my attention on the second day of my "spiritual traveling adventure." While I don't know exactly what to do with them, yet, there is one thing that has become perfectly clear. In looking at these four incredible, serious, life and death needs… most of my own suddenly seem unimportant. Especially if -- even for a moment -- I imagine myself in any one of their shoes. Which I feel is clear evidence that I have at least taken the first step on my journey and found myself standing… outside myself.


This is DAY TWO.

No comments:

Post a Comment