Lilly Maytree is in Alaska today...

Lilly Maytree is in Alaska, today...looking for adventure and divine appointments. Want to follow along? Enter her ARMCHAIR TRAVELERS PORTAL



Wednesday

Looking for Serendipity…


Dictionaries define the word serendipity as "an unexpected pleasant experience." And do we all need more of those! Well, it just so happens one has come my way, and I have a feeling (just a feeling) that it is trailing a few others along with it, like a big kite with a long tail.


Now, if it were a kite (and it would have to be a giant kite for this scenario), I could do one of two things. First case, I could look up at it, note its size and wonder as it passes, and enjoy the moment. Second case (and I'll tell you, right now, this is the one I am choosing), I can grab onto that tail -- even if I have to chase it, first -- and hold on for an exciting adventure. Grab your hats, dear readers, because here comes the description of my kite…


I and my book are going to the FRANKFURT BOOK FAIR, October 12-16 in Germany. To meet and "hob-nob" with other industry professionals and artists from

around the world. While I have never been there before, I have ancestors who have, so I might have to do a little "time traveling" at some point along the way (think Mary Poppins jumping into a chalk drawing -- it actually happens more often than you can imagine). At any rate, I am going to be reporting all, right here on the blog, so stay tuned for some details I guarantee you won't be able to get anywhere else. And some opportunities (because I always share -- things taste better when you do) you won't find anywhere else, either.


So, while I have a million things to do before departure (like a BOOK LAUNCH, for heaven sake!), let me leave you with this…


Wherever you are today, may you look up and catch a glimpse of the many serendipities that are passing over your own head (at this very moment!), and grab hold of one of them for yourself. If you do… then we are kindred spirits.


So, now, I am off to work…


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's great news. :)

    Fellow Campaigner stopping by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Golden Eagle... I'm very excited about it, myself. I'll be looking out for secrets I can share, so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete