Lilly Maytree is in Alaska today...

Lilly Maytree is in Alaska, today...looking for adventure and divine appointments. Want to follow along? Enter her ARMCHAIR TRAVELERS PORTAL



Wednesday

SHHH… I'M HUNTING…


The winner of the Captain's Hat drawing for day three of the John 3:16 Blog Hop has been posted. If it wasn't you, try again!  I'm going to give another ebook copy of GOLD TRAP away, today... 


Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
One week to look through fifty-five blogs (well, fifty-four, not counting my own) in search of my summer "traveling library." When I am sleeping out under the stars in a mountaintop ghost town that only the wild things frequent, these days, I have a feeling I will want to know How that Pulitzer Prize winning author, Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings made her famous raised biscuits in an iron Dutch oven while paddling through Florida swamps on "Gator hunts." I might also want to know how you manage to get to sleep in strange places, when you have a lot of things on your mind. I know I will want some insights into scriptures I have passed over all my life and thought I understood, only to be delighted in some new perspective that will give me hours of pleasurable contemplation. These are the things about summer that I look forward to.

I also absolutely love to read true stories about people who have done amazing things. I might even go so far as to say this is my favorite type of reading material. My definition of inspirational. Five days from today, we will be starting out on the second stage of our MYSTERY TOUR, and I will officially be able to jump into my summer reading. I can tell you, right now, which book I will start with… 

It's one I have been saving back like a special box of chocolates. And I confess I have already sampled a little. I literally had to tear myself away from it and make myself pack it away for later. It is Lorilyn Roberts book CHILDREN OF DREAMS. The true story of how she set out on a dangerous adventure through foreign countries -- all by herself -- to save two precious children and make them her own. It is a miracle story, full of God's love and God's intervention on behalf of someone who was (and still is!)  brave enough to step out in faith for what He had planted in her heart. Such an amazing story, and such an amazing woman… I can't wait to read it. I'll share a review of it over at LILLY'S BOOK CLUB as soon as I finish.  

But you don't have to wait that long. You can get your own copy for free, today, by clicking on the book cover. You can start reading instantly, in fact. Then come back and tell me what you think. I bet you'll never look at motherhood the same, again.

I know I won't.

Now, I'm off to do more hopping through that wonderful network of John 3:16 bloggers. The full list of participants is on the sidebar if you are planning to do the same. Happy hopping, dear readers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lillie,

    Not sure I'm posting on the righ blog post, but I'll give it a try.
    I'm starting from the bottom tonight and hopping around to say "Hello." It's nice to meet you and see your blog. I'm interested in reading your books. Stop by my blog at www.deborahsbutterflyjourney.blogspot.com and leave a comment to win a copy of my book "Death in Dahlonega."

    Deborah M.
    debbiejeanm at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Debbie... I'm glad you are interested in reading GOLD TRAP because you won the Captain's Hat drawing today. I hope you enjoy! Now, I'm paddling over to visit at your blog...

    ReplyDelete