Lilly Maytree is in Alaska today...

Lilly Maytree is in Alaska, today...looking for adventure and divine appointments. Want to follow along? Enter her ARMCHAIR TRAVELERS PORTAL



Tuesday

TAKE YOUR PICK…


The winner of the Captain's Hat drawing for day two of the blog hop has been posted. If it wasn't you, try again...  I'm going to give another ebook copy of GOLD TRAP away, today... 

One of my favorite activities of summer are the books I get to read for pure enjoyment. There are a lot of them. In the past, I would have to pick and choose very carefully, as I could only allow myself one suitcase for books on our summer travels. Not counting the ones I would buy along the way, because they could be shipped home along with the ones I had already read. But things are different this year. 

This is the first year I will be traveling with Kindle. And knowing this, I have been collecting enjoyable reading material, all year long. Now, there are no limits. Because on Kindle, I can take more books than I could read over the next ten years. Ahh… bliss! Here's another thing. I have started out to search only the books that are five dollars, or less. You might ask how I could bear to miss out on the truly good and current ones that are set at a much higher price. Being the book-lover that I am.

Well, I'll tell you. Most of those books go on sale, or are given away free during limited time campaigns. And I am always keeping a regular lookout for those. Finding one that I've been waiting for carries much the same thrill for me as finding some obscure treasure out of history in some far away small town thrift shop that I might be passing through. It's sort of like… 

Well, it's sort of like gold fever. Which can go terribly bad when not handled properly. Something that happened (by accident?) in my inspirational adventure novel, GOLD TRAP. But that's all I'm going to say about that, right now.

Because that, dear readers, is another story. Meanwhile, I hope you're enjoying the blog hop. Oh, yes... and if you haven't entered the Kindle drawing (remember they're giving away two), you can do that over on the John 3:16 Marketing Network.

See you tomorrow!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating in the blog hop and giving all of us the opportunity to win and discover new authors! I too have more books stored on my Kindle than I can read in a lifetime lol. I usually have my husband or daughter pick my next read so I don't have to choose! :)

    cbalzer0426(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see what everyone is up to! Thanks for letting me "hop" on by! silygoos at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! TY - kindred kindle spirits for enabling ease of reading for sure! def getting in on this :) TY!
    hoping for your Gold Trap as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops forgot this ;)
    faithhopecherrytea at *gmail.* com
    now that should do it frm me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. back to say i've found you on twitter - you don't have any links here to let us know your twitter acct...
    i'm @_eHope
    and how about fb? links?..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for participating in the giveaway blog hop and your awesome giveaway. i am finding so many great blogs to follow, as well as books to blog about.

    marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Crystal... great idea to let someone else pick which book to read next. That would probably keep me from reading a little bit of all of them just trying to decide. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Susan... yes, I had no idea it would be so enjoyable to visit everyone. You won the Captain's Hat drawing, by the way... hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you, Faith Hope Cherrytea... I thought I had something from twitter on here, but as for Facebook... oh, my goodness! I can't even find my three different selves on there, much less connect them to anything. I guess that's what comes of spending too much time in the nineteenth century... I always feel like I've been away twenty years when I get back. But thank you for the follows... I followed you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for being part of the Hop! Love how you've put the links in the side bar. Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trying on this post, too:) Just in case I posted on the wrong one.
    I'm starting from the bottom tonight and hopping around to say "Hello." It's nice to meet you and see your blog. I'm interested in reading your books. Stop by my blog at www.deborahsbutterflyjourney.blogspot.com and leave a comment to win a copy of my book "Death in Dahlonega."

    Deborah M.
    debbiejeanm at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gold Trap looks very interesting. Adventure is a good thing. Thanks for participating in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Kevin... GOLD TRAP was a lot of fun to write, and I especially enjoyed getting to know Mary Kingsley. As for adventure... well, there's not many things I like better than that, especially when it includes a few divine appointments!

    ReplyDelete